ITIN Members

Open An Account

Committed to providing resources you need to succeed.

Navigating financial services can be challenging, especially for those who do not have a Social Security number. We have a solution that can help you achieve your financial goals.

Our ITIN account and loan services are designed to empower you by providing you a way to

  • Access much needed financial services
  • Send money home
  • Apply for loans
  • Save money
  • Build credit

RelyOn is committed to providing you with the resources and tools you need to succeed. We firmly believe in the power of hope and the potential for a brighter financial future.


Here’s what you need to join RelyOn Credit Union with an ITIN:

Requirements to open an account:

  • You must live, work, worship or attend school in Dallas or Kaufman County
  • Valid picture ID (Matricula Consular, Permanent Resident Card and VISA are acceptable)
  • Original IRS letter certifying ITIN
  • Pass OFAC & ChexSystems

Requirements to apply for a loan (for any RelyOn member):

  • Paystub or w2
  • Two references
  • For auto loans, you must have a Texas DL and Insurance



RelyOn Credit Union would like to lighten your financial burden by offering you the ability to “skip-a-payment”. Visit our webpage or call our Loan Department today!

Servicios Financieros con Estatus ITIN

RelyOn ofrece servicios de cuentas y préstamos con ITIN para ayudarte:

  • Envía dinero a casa a tu familia
  • Pide dinero prestado para el auto que siempre has querido (y otras cosas)
  • Ahorra dinero para una casa, universidad o lo que sea tu sueño
  • Establece crédito


Creemos que todos merecen una oportunidad para lograr el éxito financiero. ¡Es lo que recibes cuando te unes a RelyOn!

Requisitos para abrir una cuenta:

  • Debes vivir, trabajar, honrar culto o asistir a la escuela en los Condados de Dallas o Kaufman
  • Una identificación con foto válida (Matrícula Consular, Pasaporte al día y Visas son aceptables)
  • Carta original del IRS certificando el ITIN
  • Pasar OFAC y ChexSystems

Requisitos para solicitar un préstamo (para cualquier socio de RelyOn):

  • Cheque de nómina o w2
  • Dos referencias
  • Debes tener seguro para el vehículo en préstamos de automóviles

Cómo sumarse a la cooperativa de ahorro y crédito (credit union) o cómo solicitar un préstamo

  • Por email a:
  • Llama o envíenos un texto a: 214-357-3328
  • En persona en uno de nuestros centros de servicio

Frequently Asked Questions

What is an ITIN

ITIN stands for individual taxpayer identification number. They are issued by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). ITINs are issued to individuals who do not qualify for a social security number for various reasons including:

  • Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
  • U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
  • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
  • Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
  • Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
  • Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
I don’t have a Social Security number, but I do have an ITIN. Am I eligible for membership and financial services at RelyOn?

Yes. If you live, work, worship or attend school in Dallas or Kaufman County, and you have an ITIN, you can join RelyOn.

What forms of identification do I need to establish membership with RelyOn?

A valid photo ID with your current address. Any of these are acceptable:

• Matricula Consular
• Permanent Resident Card

My current address is not listed on my photo identification. Am I still eligible for membership?

Yes. In addition to your photo ID, we require an official document with your name and address on it, like:

  • Electric or gas bill
  • Water bill
  • Internet bill
  • Apartment or house rental lease
What do I need to prove my ITIN status?

Your original letter from the IRS establishing ITIN status

As a member of RelyOn, can I borrow money?

Yes. To obtain a loan, you must provide us with:

  • A paystub or W-2
  • Two named references
  • For auto loans only – a valid drivers license and proof of insurance
Why does RelyOn provide financial services to people with ITINs?

People with ITINs work and pay taxes, yet they are often denied financial services. They need reliable vehicles so they can work. They often need a way to send money to their families in other countries. They need financial guidance and services, and we are committed to providing this for anyone who is eligible to join RelyOn Credit Union. We believe everyone deserves a chance at financial success.

Skip to content