Board Of Directors
Our Board of Directors play a vital role in guiding the overall direction of the credit union.
All of them are RelyOn members who volunteer their time and expertise to guide the direction of our credit union. They are not paid for their service to RelyOn. RelyOn is proud to have seated its first Latino board chairman Albert Gomez.
What They do for RelyOn
- Set the strategies that drive all business decisions
- Establish credit union policies
- Monitor the credit union’s fiscal responsibility
- Help guide the development of products and services for members
The members who serve on our board of directors are:
- Active credit union members
- Dedicated to RelyOn’s success
- Responsible stewards of RelyOn’s money
- Culturally diverse to best represent the diversity of our other membership (50% are women and Hispanic/Latino)
- Diverse backgrounds that include Human Resources, IT, Accounting, Education and Non-Profit
Our current board of directors
|2022 – 2024 Term
|Marian Monroe-Stewart and David Knop
|2021 – 2024 Term
|Albert Gomez: Chairman
|2023 – 2026 Term
|Anne Glasscock, Carolyn Mize, Sarah Spooner and Joe Farrier
Board Advisory Members:
Open board member position to serve 2023-2026 term.
Chairman: Albert Gomez is the chairman of our board or directors and the first Latino board member to serve in this position. Born and raised in Kaufman, Texas, Albert is the director of GIS-Mapping for the Kaufman County Appraisal District. Before joining the county, he worked as a GIS Specialist for Trinity Valley Electric Coop. Albert has been serving on our board since 2015. He joined the board as a way to serve the community and enjoys the opportunity to develop the credit union’s future. In addition to his volunteer work with RelyOn, Albert has served on multiple committees for the Kaufman Independent School District and on the Lion’s Club Baseball Board. In his downtime, Albert likes to golf and workout. He and his wife enjoy the restaurant scene in Dallas.